Happy New Year!
Here I thought I would pick back up on my blogging once vacation started. I thought I was going to do a lot of thing during vacation. Truth is, I did almost nothing for 12 days… and it felt great. For the most part, I played Toy Story with my son (he plays with Buzz, while I play Zerg) and watched Netflix.
Lauren bought me two of my running wishlist items: a pair of Brooks PureGrits and an entry into the Hanson Running Circuit! I christened the PureGrits the next day when Anthony and I headed out for 4.5 miles in 6 inches of snow. It was the only time I ran all vacation and was pure pain, but we had fun. Also ticked off my list was a pair of compression sleeves, from my sister and a headlamp from my sister-in-law.
Whats a new year without some goals?
- Drop some weight – I put on some serious weight since the marathon. So back to diet and exercise for me. Decided to give myfitnesspal a shot. Anyone else use it?
- Run a trail race – I want a race with single track. I love running trails, but rarely get the opportunity.
- Break some PRs – Its a given, but specifically I’d like to break 25:00 in the 5k and 2:00:00 in the half.
- A race a month – That should keep my training on track.
With an entry to the running circuit, I have lots of options for races this year and have begun to put together my 2013 calendar. So far for the Winter I have 3 races I plan to run:
- 1/12 PoHo Hot Cocoa 8k
- 2/3 Superbowl Shuffle 4 mile
- 3/16 Bill Roney Memorial 5k
I want to run at least 3 half marathons this year. There are a ton to choose from and will have to narrow the list down from about 9 candidates:
- Rock CF
- Let’s Move
- Back 2 the Beach
- The Legend
- North Country
- Romeo 2 Richmond
- Brooksie Way
- Detroit Free Press
I’m hoping I can run Back 2 the Beach and Romeo 2 Richmond as part of my circuit. I have 3 more days to decide if I’m signing up for Detroit before the price jumps. I guess that could be my 3 right there, but they all look fun.
Anyone have opinions of any of these races? Suggestions?