Its been over a month since I last posted. I really should get into the habit of posting again.
I have two half marathons planned for the fall:
So after a month or so of unstructured running (and dropping my weekly milage because of it), I’m back into a training schedule. For the most, I am following Hal Hidgon’s Intermediate program, but I made a few tweaks to it.
- Instead of having my long runs start at 5 miles, I am trying to start at 10 miles and work up to 13.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday is all jumbled. (Friday is Saturday, Saturday is Sunday, Sunday is Friday)
- After Romeo2Richmond will be a recovery week, followed by repeating weeks 9-12 until Detroit.
- Speed intervals in the last 4 weeks will be 800s instead of 400s.
Still struggling to wake up early enough for a morning run. I did however manage to get up and run 3.5 miles this morning. It was 77° and 96% humidity. I felt like a mess.
Posts to come…
There are a few things I have been meaning to write about.
- APFT Challenge Wrap-Up
- Review: Brooks PureCadence
- Review: Brooks PureGrit
- Review: Skora Base
- Summer/Fall Races