Disclaimer: I’m no Haruki Murakami.
Basically while I’m out on my runs, I have thoughts. Some are profound, but mostly they’re stupid one-liners and observations. With the help of Google Now and Evernote, I can do a quick voice memo and never lose a ‘gem’.
Did I mention how ridiculous these are?
- People do weird stuff in the final days before their big race. (Its 7 AM, pouring rain and I’m far from alone on the streets getting their run in.)
- When passing another runner, it is customary to exchange glances at each others’ feet to see what shoes they wear.
- My training runs are fueled by neighborly “Hello”s and “Good Morning”s.
- ♫You’re gonna hear me snore!♫ ( My parodied Katy Perry song that was stuck on loop in my head for 90 minutes)
- There was a house that was using a deer blind as a kids tree fort. Genius!
- Pooping is half the battle. (G.I. Joe!)