The racing bug has been biting me hard, despite my complete lack of motivation to lace up.
I think its quite apparent now that if I’m not registered for a race, I’m a complete slacker. I haven’t missed a Detroit Turkey Trot in 5 years, and this year will be no exception. Have I started preparing for it? No, because I haven’t registered. Yet I know come Thursday, when I plan to register in person at RUNDetroit. The next morning, or even that night, I will probably not hesitate to run.
So its time to fix that by the only way I know how: registering for races.
My 2014/2015 tentative race list
- (11/27) Detroit Turkey Trot – A Thanksgiving tradition with me and my sister-in-law. Go run, come back to my house and eat an amazing breakfast that Lauren made.
- (12/21) 12Ks of Christmas – More of a party than a run. No registration, but I did RSVP.
- (TBD – Jan/Feb) Kahtoola Michigan Mountain Run – This race kicked my ass the one year I did it, and I loved every second of it. Its an 8k up and down the ski slopes of Pine Knob. It hasn’t been announced yet, but I really hope they have it again.
- (TBD – March) Bill Roney Memorial 5k – A fun 5k with the Hanson brothers and their elites. Also Bill Roney was the uncle of a friend of mine. (2013 recap)
- (3/29) Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon – Its been on my bucket list for a few years now. I think this is the year I sign up. Emily Schaller, the RD, is awesome and I’d love to support her cause.
- (5/15) Hightail to Ale – A Friday night race sponsored by one of my favorite local breweries, Atwater.
- (TBD-May) Back to the Beach – I ran it in 2013 and wasn’t happy with my time. I want a rematch.
Oh, I’m now accepting donations to fund my race habit. Or buy some Skoras through my site.